SU’s Licensing Agent
IMG College Licensing (IMGCL) is SU’s licensing representative/agent. IMGCL administers the licensing applications for all companies that wish to produce SU products that are sold at retail or for campus departments and student groups. Anyone wishing to obtain a license to use SU’s trademarks must apply through IMGCL.
Types of Licenses
There are three types of licenses that can be attained through IMG College Licensing:
Internal Campus Suppliers/Restricted:
- Products sold to the institution for internal consumption only and cannot be resold by restricted licensees. Examples include staff uniforms, branded tablecloths, banners, and promotional products being given away at university events
- Geographically confined to in-state or “local region” companies that intend to make products for retail sales
- Report royalties quarterly; annual advance fees required
- Allows a company to produce merchandise bearing the trademarks of Syracuse University for retail in addition to the collegiate institutions represented by IMG College Licensing
- Report royalties monthly; annual advance fees required
Questions about the licensing process? View all business considerations, timeline and requirements of the licensing application process on the IMG College Licensing Website.