Recognized Student Organizations (RSO’s) should consult the Office of Student Activities with regards to the creation of their organization’s visual identity.
- RSO’s are permitted to use verbiage “Syracuse University” to denote the location of the organization. For instance, ‘Bowling Club at Syracuse University’ is approved language, but ‘Syracuse University Bowling Club’ is not. ‘Syracuse University’ and any names linked to the University such as ‘Otto,’ ‘Cuse,’ or ‘Orange’ (this list is not exhaustive) cannot be used within the organization’s name.
- Student Organizations may not imply or otherwise create the appearance that Syracuse University sponsors, controls, or is responsible for the activities of the recognized student organizations
- use of the University’s name for any commercial purpose or in any way which may reflect adversely upon the University is prohibited
- use the University’s logo or any trademark of Syracuse University requires express written permission of Office of Trademark Licensing, 315.443.4534 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- all uses of University marks or references require an approved licensed vendor to produce. University licensees carry at least $1,000,000 in product liability insurance in addition to adhering to work place code of conduct
- Please review the Licensed Vendors page. It is suggested that you price out multiple companies to ensure the best pricing and product needs.
Student Organization and Club Sports organizations who are purchasing items incorporating Syracuse University marks with intention of fundraising or for external purchases (parents, friends, etc.) will be required to pay licensing royalty on the retail item(s). Internal use whereby the item(s) are not being resold would not require royalty.