Use Syracuse University Trademarks

Individuals, Businesses & Organizations

Any individual, business or organization wishing to use the University’s trademarks, verbiage, references or likeness requires written approval from the University. Use of marks on product requires an official license from the University prior to offering the product and/or goods. This includes sale to University departments, campus organizations and recognized student organizations. Premiums, promotions and advertising are included, as well.

Individuals, businesses and organizations should contact the Office of Trademark Licensing with any questions

Recognized Student Organizations & Campus Departments

A licensed vendor must be used for the production of University names/marks/logos on items used as giveaways, fundraisers or for internal use (shirts for staff, plaques, etc.).

Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) may review the RSO Identity Guidelines 

Public & Private Schools

We are always complimented when a school wishes to use one of our marks as their mascot, but our policy does not allow our marks to be used by any other educational institution, including public or private schools. In setting this policy, many factors were taken into consideration including product liability, control of how the marks are used and who manufactures the product, and the policies of our peer institutions throughout the United States.